I have to tell you first and foremost that the Soda Stream is my favorite review that I have done. I think it is one of the best ideas that I've seen in a long time. It was so much fun, even when I made a mess.
Let me show you all the technical stuff:
What is Soda Stream?
The SodaStream system includes a complete range of products to make fresh, fizzy, great-tasting sparkling water and soda at home.
Home Soda Makers
Simple, sleek and easy to use. No batteries, no electricity and no clean-up. All home soda makers have a two-year warranty and money-back guarantee!
Over 20 great-tasting regular, diet and caffeine-free flavors plus energy drink and MyWater all-natural flavor essences. Regular flavors have no high-fructose corn syrup. Diet flavors are sweetened with Splenda® brand sweetener and contain no aspartame. Each bottle of Sodamix makes 12 liters or about 33 cans.
Why Buy a Home Soda Maker?
- Value for Money: Great savings compared to pre-packed carbonated water and beverages.
- Environmentally-Friendly: SodaStream is an "Active Green" solution that minimizes the huge eco-footprint caused by the manufacture, transport and waste of plastic bottles.
- Convenience: No need to carry heavy bottles from the store. The SodaStream system is simple to use and requires no batteries or electricity.
- Variety: SodaStream offers over 60 flavors to suit everyone’s taste. Regular, diet, natural, fruity flavors, ice tea, energy drinks, sport drinks, tonic and many more.
- Space Saver: No need to store bottles of beverages or empty bottles for recycling in your home.
- Personalization: Make drinks just the way you love them… more bubbles, less bubbles, sweeter or lighter, even create your own flavor!
- Family Fun: The system is quick and easy to use. It's fun for everyone and kids just love it!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: SodaStream drinks makers are of extremely high quality and include a money-back satisfaction guarantee and Lifetime Warranty to our customers.
As I said before, I really love this. I can still remember the first time I saw the SodaStream. I was fascinated by it. Not only did I like the testimonials I had read about it, but I liked its appearance and the "idea" of it.
You know as well as I do, that not all products are as they appear. I mean, it's easy to say this product is this, that or whatever......... but can the company back it up. I have ordered or bought things before that were "the best" "top of the line" "works great"........ yada, yada, yada..... Then you get them and they are a total waste of money. I'm sure we all have.
That said, I still wanted to try it. I contacted Steve at SodaStreamUsa and he agreed to let me do a product review. I received a SodaStream and the flavors in exchange for this honest review of the SodaStream machine.
This is the machine I received:
I anxiously awaited the arrival of the SodaStream, honestly, I really wanted to give this a try. I am picturing huge savings in my future if this works as advertised, not to mention, all the fun in "playing" with it.
Finally, it arrives! I round up "test subjects" and, with instructions in hand, we begin. I am going to tell you, if you didn't watch the video above, please do so. It really is so simple to do.
Step 1: Put water in the provided bottles and screw the bottle onto the machine.
Step 2: Add the carbonation.
Step 3: Add the flavoring and shake gently.
Step 4: Drink!
That's it! How simple, huh?
My "test subjects" gave it a taste and they loved them! We played with the machine for a while that night and it has become an "attraction" at my house for my son and his friends. As a matter of fact, my niece and her boyfriend came for a visit and I offered them a drink. Both of them said, "I'm okay." Then I looked at my niece, who apparently had forgotten that the SodaStream had come in, and asked her, "Are you sure you don't want something to drink?" At this point, she remembers I have the SodaStream and says, "Heck yeah! You got that soda thingy." I took them into the kitchen and showed them how it works and they really liked it, too.
I only had one problem with using the SodaStream and it was totally my fault. When the instructions say: Pour the flavor in SLOWLY, they mean it. My slow was not slow enough, the FIRST time, and I had quite and overflow. So, POUR SLOWLY!
So, there you have it. The SodaStream is a HIT and I recommend it to everyone. With Christmas coming, this would make an excellent gift, especially for families.
Of course, for one lucky reader, you can get your very own right here! That's right, SodaStream is giving one of their SodaStream Home Soda Makers to one of YOU!
This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. only and will end on October 26th at 11:59 pm CST. In order to participate, you must complete the main entry, otherwise all your entries will be invalid and removed. Please, make sure you leave contact information for when you win unless your entry links back to a blog with a valid e-mail address.
Go to the SodaStream website and give me the name of two (2) flavors you would like to try.
(1) Follow SodaStream on twitter.
(2) Follow me on twitter or tell me if you already do: @SereneMoments
(3) Become a Fan of SodaStream on Facebook
(4) Follow my blog or tell me if you already do.
(5) Grab my Button and tell me where you put it.
(6) Tweet about this giveaway and leave me the link(s). You can do this once daily!
(7) Subscribe to my blog. Up there on the right.
(8) Blog about this giveaway, leave the link and add 5 extra entries.
Okay, that is 18 entries, plus the opportunity to tweet and add an extra entry each day! That is a lot, folks. So, get busy and Good Luck to you all!