Friday, May 1, 2009

I am reposting this recipe, now that nice weather is here. It is one of my favorite recipes and, SHHHH, it's pretty good for you!

This recipe is perfect for spring and summer days. Serve it up cold, just make sure you mix it real well before dishing it up because the dressing will settle. It makes a large bowl full and is perfect at picnics or gatherings.

GREEK SALAD

Ingredients:

12 oz. angel hair pasta
1 can sliced black olives
1 can diced tomatoes (recipe called for pimento but I prefer tomatoes; drained)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
4 1/2 Tbs. Cavenders greek seasoning
3/4 cup olive oil
4 1/2 Tbs. lemon juice
1 bunch green onions sliced w/tops (optional)

Instructions:

Cook pasta, drain and rinse.

Combine mayonnaise, olive oil, greek seasoning and lemon juice. Pour over pasta.

Add onions, black olives and tomatoes.

Mix well.

Chill.

Mix really well before serving to redistribute the salad dressing.

Recipe Notes:
You can add Feta cheese, if desired.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Great as I am half greek and adore greek food!!
HAPPY VGNO

Mandala Michelle said...

feta cheese is always desired! Happy VGNO.

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind me taking out the olives. This sounds really good. Have a great VGNO and a fabulous weekend

Unknown said...

Happy VGNO --Sounds Good! TFS

Mary K Brennan said...

I'll have to try this one. Looks pretty simple to make. Thanks.
Have a great VGNO!

Leslie said...

Oh this looks yummy and I'm definitely adding in the Feta cheese!

Happy VGNO and enjoy your weekend!

Kat said...

I love a good Greek salad. Happy VGNO!!

Opus #6 said...

That sounds super yummy. Happy VGNO.

Kaza said...

Yummmm. You're making me hungry! Happy VGNO!

~Sandy~ said...

Oh this sounds yummy! I love feta...being Greek it was sort of a staple in our house :O) thanks for stopping by and Happy VGNO!!!

Elizabeth D. said...

This sounds very tasty, thanks for sharing! Happy VGNO!

Lucia said...

I LOVE LOVE Mediterranean dishes so I will be using your recipe in the near future!

Happy VGNO!

Anonymous said...

Mmm, sounds good! Happy VGNO! (Again! ; ) I like your separate blogs with different focuses!)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Greek salad is one of my favourite things...how did you know?

Have a great night.

MediMonsters said...

Not to keen on the black olives--but everything else sounds good!

Happy VGNO

Anonymous said...

Happy VGNO...that recipe looks yummy. Maybe will try it with Sunday's dinner.

Kris said...

Sure wish this was sitting already made on my table for me.
Happy VGNO

Stacy Uncorked said...

Oh that sounds REALLY GOOD!! Thanks for the recipe - I'm going to try my hand at this very soon! :)

Happy VGNO - have a great weekend! :)