Tuesday, July 21, 2009
"Tribute Tuesday: Charity Begins With You" - with a twist.
I am so honored to bring this post to you today. This past May, I posted about the Stirring Up Wishes Campaign in which Betty Crocker, in conjunction with Make-A-Wish, began the "12 Wishes in 12 Weeks" campaign to raise funds for Make-A-Wish. They issued a challenge to local chapters to "compete" in raising funds. In my post, I added a link to Make-A-Wish so my followers could go to their website and look around, purchase their items or make a donation.
Two days ago, I received an e-mail from Megan at Make-A-Wish. She had seen the post and, in addition to a very kind "Thank You", she asked if I would like to post the results of their "12 Wishes in 12 Weeks" campaign. Of course, I agreed.
Please take a look and I want to reach out to each of you and ask that you take the time to give of yourself. It doesn't have to be money. Organizations such as Make-A-Wish need volunteers and word-of-mouth, as well as funding. If you are in a position to where you can, please make a donation to this fabulous cause. Also, look at their new campaigns for the summer: "Summer of 5000 Wishes" and "Destination Joy".
Make-A-Wish and Betty Crocker Stirring Up Wishes Campaign Results:
We want to commend all Make-A-Wish® chapters for their efforts to grant wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions, and thanks to the support of the Stirring Up Wishes™ program, we are pleased to announce the 12 Make-A-Wish chapters that will receive funding for a wish to be granted for a Make-A-Wish kid in their community.
It garnered 146,000 votes (people could vote once per day for their chapter) and the 12 winning chapters are listed below:
1. Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Orange County & Inland Empire
2. Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Greater Bay Area
3. Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Mid-South
4. Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Michigan
5. Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Utah
6. Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Wisconsin
7. Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Iowa
8. Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Suffolk County, NY, Inc.
9. Make-A-Wish Foundation® of New Hampshire
10. Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Tri-Counties
11. Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Middle Tennessee
12. Make-A-Wish Foundation® of East Tennessee