Monday, March 16, 2009

I have another recipe for you. This recipe is perfect for spring and summer days. Serve it up cold, just make sure you mix it real well before dishing it up because the dressing will settle. It makes a large bowl full and is perfect at picnics or gatherings.

GREEK SALAD

Ingredients:

12 oz. angel hair pasta
1 can sliced black olives
1 can diced tomatoes (recipe called for pimento but I prefer tomatoes; drained)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
4 1/2 Tbs. Cavenders greek seasoning
3/4 cup olive oil
4 1/2 Tbs. lemon juice
1 bunch green onions sliced w/tops

Instructions:

Cook pasta, drain and rinse.
Combine mayonnaise, olive oil, greek seasoning and lemon juice. Pour over pasta.
Add onions, black olives and tomatoes.
Mix well.
Chill.
Mix well before serving.

Recipe Notes: You can add Feta cheese, if desired.

4 comments:

Jeanine M. said...

That looks really good and not to difficult to make :)

Lagean Ellis said...

It is very good, easy to make and light!

Unknown said...

Mmm ... this looks wonderful! I'm vegetarian so I'm always looking for tasty new dishes ... and this one looks tasty and relatively easy (my other criteria for cooking). :)

I really like your blog! BTW ... thank you for following Reduce Footprints. I'm following you, as well, and I'm going to add you to my blog roll.

Thanks for sharing your recipes!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Lagean Ellis said...

Welcome aboard!